It has been yet another big year of changes for our family. It has been a whirlwind of emotions, ups, downs, frustrations, joys, sorrow, you name it...we felt it. Brian and I have made a promise to ourselves to make no more huge changes for awhile! We're good on change for a long time. As many of you know, we followed our hearts and moved to our hometown of Canton nearly two years ago. We really enjoyed living there...so close to my family and spending time in the old neighborhood! We hung out with many "old" friends and met many new ones. As life circumstances happen, we realized our family was meant to live in Bloomington-Normal. With that being said, we think about Canton everyday and the people we miss. One of the hardest days of our lives, was driving away from Canton in a moving van. Each of us left a little piece of our hearts behind. We feel our experience only made each of us stronger and re-lit our love for Canton and the amazing people in it. We are fortunate to have friends in both of our "homes". This post is huge! So beware. Its mostly just pictures of 2012...such a big year for the Hensley Family.
Over the course of a very busy life, I haven't blogged for an entire year! I love to take pictures and to journal...so my New Year's Resolution is to MAKE TIME and combine both. I may be the only reader of this blog, but I cherish it all the same! From our family to yours, please have a safe, happy, healthy, and productive 2013. Cherish those around you and live one day at a time! Life is good, Family and Friends are important, and God is in control, so relax and enjoy each day!
My sweet date for the Valentine's Dance
My little cheerleader. Ava "Rae Rae"
Best Buddies!
Family fun!
Birthday Party Fun!
Ava Rae is "6"
My Kindergarten Class Rocked! Love my memories.
I loved working with my mama! As you can see, I carried her through her days! LOL
Two of my besties! I miss them!
Silas checking out the new house. Our main adventure this summer with him was his love of flooding toilets. Stinker!
Brian...I mean Eli wearing his Daddy's number proudly.
Hanging at Eli's games!
Father/Son Game! Eli's on first while Brian gives some pointers!
My boys are always wrestling!
We absolutely love our new neighborhood. The cul-da-sac was especially made for us. The kids played with neighbors, rode bikes, and ran all around. Pure Fun! It reminded me of when I was a kid.
Grace's biggest fans came out to support her in her acting debut. She played in the Little Mermaid at the ISU amphitheater. She worked so hard all summer! What a great day!
This seemed to happen every time I bought solo cups. Boys! Love them.
This picture represents my favorite memory between Silas and Ava thus far. Ava said to another 3 year old boy: " this is my brother. He doesn't talk. He is from Ethiopia and three. He has autism. Do you know what that means?...well, his brain just works differently than ours. He is fun. Don't you wish you had a brother with autism? Then you would know what it is. He will talk. Just different than us. Right, si si? ( insert a hug between Ava and Silas). I talk for him sometimes. I love him.". Proud of my girl.
First day of school...and just a few butterflies.
Silas' Open House at School. Such a crazy thing sending your baby to school at 3. He is doing well.
Silas began using a picture exchange system to communicate!
Eli earns his new bible at church. So proud.
My hubby, the nerd!
He cleans up well! Love.
Eli loves sports. Baseball is his favorite! Indoor practice!
Mario and suckers. Two of Silas' favorites.
A student made this artwork for me. It is me. I think about my Kindergarten "babies" everyday. I love all of them and miss them terribly!
Ava rocks as a big sister. She also rocks as a Kindergartner. She had no problems or anxiety going. I miss her in the day!
Ava's attempt at makeup. Cute, right?
Homemade décor by the Hensley's. Each of us made a pumpkin. :)
Silas "ride" home! He loves it.
I had to include "homemade bowling" with markers. They played for hours and got along. HUGE! Too funny!
Cougar Chorus! I can take pictures of Grace easily from far. She doesn't appreciate pictures taken of her. She had no choice here. Grace is our music girl. We often hear her singing, playing an instrument, writing songs, etc... She is very talented.
Grace picked a wrestling party!
Ahhhhh....the baritone (mini tuba)
The girls enjoyed tumbling and cheer this fall.
My brave and precious parents. Love them both and miss them each day!
A Christmas Card Attempt. Close, but not quite. Endless to say, we didn't get cards out this year.
Another attempt. Not bad!
Where's Eli?
Homemade WWE belts. Help me!
Charles Chippy returned! He as ornery this year.
The big kids practicing their moves for Upward Basketball. They are getting along. It must be that awesome parenting.
Spreading Christmas Joy and Christmas Caroling.
Hands Down these are the two best men in the world. No question.
Grace had fun on a Madrigal Date with her daddy!
Thankful to have such caring "big" sibs to Silas. They love him and nurture him and protect him. Simply Amazing to see how God works through them.
Grace played Santa for the daycare kiddos! Priceless.
This is the year Silas discovered the IPad. He is so smart. Can't wait to unlock his language and see whats in his brain!
No More Pictures Mommy! Geez!
Happy 5th Birthday Toby!
Gangam Style
Eli was pretending to be Papa!
More Gangam Style
Feeding Silas' Love of Water...better than the toilet!
It was a sad day when we sold Brian's Mitsubishi Galant (a.k.a. The Red Rocket). We bought her when he traded in a truck just after finding out we were pregnant with Eli James. We got $200 for the old girl. So guess what my classy guy does?....He takes his lady to dinner with the cash....in his new ride.
Our reading swing has gotten much use!
Strike!
Silas spelled S-I-L-A-S! Yippeee!
Anyone who knows me is well aware that I don't have a green thumb. However, I planted 23 arborvitaes, 5 bushes, many trees, lots of flowers, and much more. I'm growing up folks!
This picture marks the day of the best water balloon fight EVER! We loved sharing it with our nephews and neighbors!
I can't thank God enough for the relationship my boys have. Eli is so compassionate and caring toward Silas. Silas adores Eli. Win-Win!
A little Saturday Morning Yoga!
Nothing like a homemade workout outfit and weights!
Brookfield Zoo!
Grace is a natural teacher. Here she is leading a group at VBS for Autism! Hopefully next year Silas will go!
Grace made this sign the day of her play!
Helping mama at Menards!
The Broken Arm. Poor Grace.
Being Silly!
Running into Papa in the Lobby of UofI Chicago Hospital. What a great surprise!
Ava made the Prarieland Facebook Page!
My makeshift Ice Scraper. I"m always classy!
Sumo Wrestling! Teee Heee!
No comments:
Post a Comment