I find peace in knowing he will never anxiously await blood and scan results. I find peace knowing his back...and legs...and shoulders are pain free. I find peace in knowing he no longer has to think about dying. I find peace knowing he is in His Kingdom visiting with friends and relatives who entered before he did.
I don't find peace when I think about what he would have looked like as an old man. I don't find peace when I think about never seeing him play with my kids or telling them stories. I don't find peace when I think about simple things, like...who will sign my birthday card? Who will walk me to the car and to the corner as my van pulls away? Who will check in on the kids after their first day of school? Who will talk to my husband during the Bear's Game? Who will kiss my mom?
I'm stuck in this new Universe of trying to figure these thoughts all out. I know I'll find peace, but I'm not there yet. In some ways, I'm afraid to find peace. I don't want to stop thinking about him. I don't want to stop missing him.
So for now. I'll stay in "limbo". I'll get through each moment and consider each one a victory. I'll pray for strength. I'll pray for peace. I'll pray to God and thank him for healing my dad.
San Francisco 2013. A very special trip for our family of "5". Love you daddio.






























2 comments:
Audrey,
Praying for you to find strength and peace during this very difficult time!
Always remember that your dad is still watching over you and your family from Heaven!
Keep on living life just as he did!
Please let me know if you guys need anything!
Love, Michele
Thanks Michele! You have all been so supportive. Thanks for the prayers! I know Dad would be thankful, too. Keep the positive thoughts coming! Love you! -Audrey
Post a Comment